The holiday season is the most wonderful time of year to decorate your house with holiday lights. This year we’re encouraging you to be safe and energy-efficient with all indoor and outdoor decorations. In order to be as energy efficient as possible, LED holiday lights are the best option. They’re also the most cost-effective way to light up your home. LED lights also have the longest functioning life, meaning they will last you for many holiday seasons to come!
Indoor Lighting Tips
– Refrain from putting lights close to curtains and furniture
– Turn off decorative lights prior to leaving your house and going to bed
– Ensure all smoke detectors work prior to hanging any holiday lighting
– Don’t run chords under rugs or near any area where they might be stepped on or tripped over
Outdoor Lighting Tips
– Certify that all extension cords are fit for outdoor displays
– Adjust outdoor decorations to display only during dry weather
– When hanging lights, be sure you maintain at least a 10-foot distance from any overhead power lines
– Make sure all electrical links are off the ground to prevent any water from leaking into them
– Do not run chords through any door or window
Keep these helpful decorating tips in mind for a safe and energy efficient holiday season.
Spring is a season of change and transitions. Flowers begin to bloom, and the sun starts to come out a little more, insects begin to buzz and temperatures begin to rise. Take advantage of the moderate temperatures to get a head start on a spring maintenance routine to ready your home for the warm-weather months …
Did you know you can go green while traveling? That’s right! You can enjoy the sights and be kind to the environment at the same time. As you begin planning for your summer vacation or a bucket-list trip, keep these eco-friendly tips in mind to travel more sustainably. Choosing a destination There’s something to be …