Earn dollars by reducing energy!
Eligible AEP Energy customers with an existing Fixed All-Inclusive Price Plan1 may participate in PowerPerks® — a free program that allows your business to earn money for using less power during periods of high demand, while helping overall grid reliability.1 Participation is voluntary and without penalty, which means it’s your choice to participate and take advantage of earning dollars for reducing energy.
How it works
- PowerPerks is a free annual program that runs from June 1 through September 30.
- You’re joining a program exclusively for eligible AEP Energy customers with an existing Fixed All-Inclusive Price Plan.1
- We’ll send an email notification to you when a high-demand day is anticipated by 12 p.m. EPT, a day prior to the projected event that identifies the projected peak hours. We’ll also send an email on the day of the anticipated event confirming or cancelling the event by 12 p.m. EPT. In the event of an unanticipated high-demand day, we will send an email notification at least two hours prior to the event.
- Your business has the option to participate by reducing energy consumption during the event or not, without any penalty or fees. When you choose to participate, you can earn at least $500 per megawatt-hour (MWh) of reduced consumption (Note that the actual payment rate will be specified in the “Reduction Notice” sent prior to the event). Reducing your energy is as simple as turning off artificial lighting in unused or naturally-lit spaces.
- Payment will be made to you in the form of a check or bill credit in December following each June through September period, subject to applicable terms and conditions.1
- Complimentary program for eligible customers with an existing Fixed Price All-Inclusive1
- Earn at least $500 per megawatt-hour (MWh) of reduced consumption
- No penalties if you cannot participate in an event
- AEP Energy customer with an existing Fixed Price All-Inclusive plan1 during the summer following the PowerPerks term
- Must have interval meter(s)
- Subject to data verification testing
- Simple enrollment
- Click here to complete online enrollment
- Contact your AEP Energy Sales Representative for assistance
If you have questions, please contact your AEP Energy Sales Representative or read our FAQs.
1The program is subject to additional Terms and Conditions, which include important information on PowerPerks® requirements, restrictions, and limitations, including limitations of liabilities and disclaimers of warranties. Please be aware that AEP Energy makes no guarantee as to the continuation or ongoing existence of PowerPerks or regarding the accuracy, timeliness, suitability, completeness, freedom from error, or value of PowerPerks or any PowerPerks information. Neither PowerPerks nor any information therein should be construed as advice, a recommendation, or a guarantee of future results, and actual results, pricing, and/or savings achieved by the customer may differ materially from expectations.
AEP Energy is a competitive retail electric service provider and an affiliate of Ohio Power Company (AEP Ohio). AEP Energy is not soliciting on behalf of and is not an agent of AEP Ohio.