Get rewarded while helping power grid reliability
Eligible AEP Energy customers with an existing Firm All-Inclusive Price Plan may participate in PowerPerksSM — a free program that allows your business to earn money for using less power during periods of high demand, while helping overall grid reliability.1 The best part of the program? Participation is voluntary and without penalty, which means you decide whether your business participates.
How it works
- PowerPerks is a free annual program that runs from June 1 through May 31 of the following year and is exclusive for eligible AEP Energy customers with an existing Firm All-Inclusive Price Plan.1
- When a high-demand day is anticipated, we will send an email notification by 12:00 pm (EPT), a day prior to the projected event that identifies the projected peak hours. By 12:00 pm (EPT) on the day of the anticipated event, we will send an email either confirming or cancelling the event. In the event of an unanticipated high-demand day, we will send an email notification at least two hours prior to the event.
- Your business has the option to participate by reducing energy consumption during the event or not, without any penalty or fees. If you choose to participate, you can earn at least $500 per megawatt-hour (MWh) of reduced consumption (Note that the actual payment rate will be specified in the “Reduction Notice” sent prior to the event).
- Payment will be made to you in the form of a check or bill credit in December and May of the relevant PJM planning year, subject to applicable terms and conditions.1
- Complimentary program for eligible customers with an existing Fixed Price All-Inclusive (FPAI) plan1
- Participation is optional
- Earn at least $500 per megawatt-hour (MWh) of reduced consumption
- No long-term commitment
- No penalties, no equipment needed
- AEP Energy customer with an existing Fixed Price All-Inclusive (FPAI) plan1 during the summer following the PowerPerks term
- Must have interval meter(s)
Read our FAQs.
To register, please contact your AEP Energy Sales Representative.
1The program is subject to additional terms and conditions that should be read and understood in connection with any decision to participate. Please review carefully the PowerPerksSM Terms and Conditions, which include important information on PowerPerks requirements, restrictions, and limitations, including limitations of liabilities and disclaimers of warranties. Please be aware that AEP Energy makes no guarantee as to the continuation or ongoing existence of PowerPerks or regarding the accuracy, timeliness, suitability, completeness, freedom from error, or value of PowerPerks or any PowerPerks information. Neither PowerPerks nor any information therein should be construed as advice, a recommendation, or a guarantee of future results, and actual results, pricing, and/or savings achieved by the customer may differ materially from expectations.