Back to the Blog
Set and Meet Your Energy Goals in 2020
January 14, 2020
The beginning of the year offers a blank slate to plan goals
for the year ahead. Particularly for small business owners, it presents a new
opportunity to identify ways to improve or grow your business. Energy suppliers,
like AEP Energy, can offer guidance and support to help you meet some of your
Looking to reduce
your energy spend?
- Opt for a fixed plan with your supplier. A fixed plan locks in your energy rate for the duration of your contract. Traditionally, a variety of factors, like extreme weather or increased usage, can cause those rates to rise, but with AEP Energy’s Firm Price Plan you can have peace of mind knowing that your energy rate won’t change.
- Manage your capacity tag. Your capacity tag is determined each year by your business’ energy usage on five coincidental peak days, which are determined by PJM, an organization that manages the electricity grid for states throughout the Midwest. Your local utility then reviews your usage on those days to calculate your business’ capacity tag. AEP Energy offers services that notify you when those days occur so that you can choose to reduce your energy usage on the coincidental peak days. Doing so can improve your capacity tag, which could result in overall lower energy spend for the following year. Interested in learning more? Ask your AEP Energy sales representative for more information.
Want to be more
- Make energy efficient upgrades to your business. Energy efficiency comes in a variety of forms – from using LED lighting to installing energy efficient window treatments. Check out our list of energy efficiency tips to get started.
- Enroll in our PowerPerks® program. If you have an interval meter on your building, you’re eligible to participate in our PowerPerks program. This is a free program that allows your business to earn money for using less power during periods of high demand, while helping overall grid reliability. You can choose whether or not to participate during these periods and if you do, you can earn dollars for reducing energy. Learn more about PowerPerks on our website.
Interested in green
- Select a green energy plan. AEP Energy’s Renewable Product Plan allows you to match a percentage of your business’ electricity usage with national Green-e® Energy certified wind Renewable Energy Credits (RECs). These RECs represent the environmental benefits of one megawatt hour (MWh) of renewable energy that can be paired with electricity, stabilizing your energy rate while committing your business to a cleaner future.
The Small Business Team at AEP Energy is committed to helping you meet your energy goals. If you are a current customer and would like to speak with our Account Management Team, please call 1-888-924-7111. If you’re interested in learning more about AEP Energy and how we can help your business, please call 1-877-648-1936.
Renewable Product Plan is Green-e Energy certified and meets the environmental and consumer-protection standards set forth by the nonprofit Center for Resource Solutions. Learn more at www.green-e.org.