Back to the Blog
GET CHARGED ABOUT GOING GREEN WITH EASY CONNECT PLAN!
September 07, 2018
Thinking about going green with an electric vehicle, or perhaps you already have one? AEP Energy is pleased to introduce, for residents served by the utility AEP Ohio, our Easy Connect PlanSM offering ECO-Advantage®, our secure renewable plan for your home’s electricity supply and a Siemens VersiChargeTM Electric Vehicle Changing Station for your home.
WHY CHOOSE THE EASY CONNECT PLAN?
There are some really great reasons for enrolling in this plan.
- A cleaner environment: Our renewable plan matches 100% of your electricity usage with national Green-e® Energy Certified Wind Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs). You will get peace of mind knowing that you are making a beneficial impact towards a cleaner environment by choosing a green plan for your home.
- The Siemens VersiCharge Electric Vehicle Charging Station: Offers a variety of benefits such as:
- Level 2 Technology – reduce your charge time by up to 75% compared to a Level 1 charger
- Highly Compatible – compatible with all plug-in electric vehicles (SAE J1772 vehicle plug).
- Weather Proof Enclosure – The enclosure can be mounted indoors or outdoors
- 20 ft. Charging Cord – the extra-long charging cord can be stored by wrapping around the enclosure
- Amperage Adjustment – the power output can be adjusted to match facility capability
- 3-Year Limited Warranty – leading 3-year warranty backed by Siemens quality and service
READY TO ENROLL NOW?
If you’re ready to enroll, or want more information, it’s as easy as clicking here, or you can contact an AEP Energy Enrollment Specialist for help at: 855-300-7192 Monday through Friday, 8:00am – 7:00pm and Saturday, 9:00am – 1:00pm, Eastern Time.
IS THERE REALLY A BENEFIT TO GOING GREEN WITH AN ELECTRIC VEHICLE?
There are a number of benefits for choosing to drive an electric vehicle.
- Energy security: According to the U.S. Department of Energy, in 2017, the United States imported about 19% of its petroleum. Transportation accounts for about three-fourths of total U.S. petroleum consumption, so using more energy efficient vehicles not only supports the U.S. economy, but also diversifies the U.S. transportation fleet and reduces the impact of international supply disruptions.
- Fuel economy: Fuel costs are dramatically reduced with an electric vehicle because of the high efficiency of electric drive components. Electric vehicles, today, can exceed the equivalent of 100 miles per gallon of gasoline with 100 miles consuming only 25-40 kWh.
- Environmental impact: All-electric vehicles have zero tailpipe emissions, which has a measurable impact on the environment. According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Greenhouse Gas Equivalency Calculator, the carbon footprint for just one electric vehicle driven for one year is the same as wiping out the CO2 emissions from:
- 5,180 pounds of burned coal
- 533 gallons of consumed gasoline
- 194 cylinders of propane used for home barbecues
- Carbon sequestered from 5.6 acres of U.S. forests in one year
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO ENROLL IN EASY CONNECT PLAN?
Currently, the Easy Connect Plan is available for residents in the AEP Ohio service territory, only.
- New customers: New customers in AEP Ohio service territory are eligible to enroll in EASY CONNECT PLAN.
- Current AEP Energy natural gas customers: Current AEP Energy natural gas supply customers in AEP Ohio service territory may sign up their electricity supply account for the Easy Connect Plan and receive a Siemens VersiCharge Electric Vehicle Charging Station.
- Current AEP Energy electricity customers: Current AEP Energy electricity customers in AEP Ohio service territory may enroll in the Easy Connect Plan by contacting an AEP Energy Customer Care Specialist toll–free at 1-877-648- 1930 to process a re-enrollment for the new plan.
HOW DO I ENROLL?
If you are a resident who is in AEP Ohio’s service territory, click here for more details and to enroll in EASY CONNECT PLAN, or contact an AEP Energy Enrollment Specialist for help at: 855-300-7192 Monday through Friday, 8:00am – 7:00pm and Saturday, 9:00am – 1:00pm, Eastern Time.
To view all our price plans, in every territory we serve, click here and simply enter your zip code, or contact an AEP Energy Enrollment Specialist for help at: 855-300-7192 Monday through Friday, 8:00am – 7:00pm and Saturday, 9:00am – 1:00pm, Eastern Time.
For questions about our offers or Terms and Conditions, go to our website at www.aepenergy.com or call Customer Care at 855-300-7192 to speak with an AEP Energy Enrollment Specialist.
Green-e Energy certifies that ECO-Advantage meets the minimum environmental and consumer protection standards established by the non-profit Center for Resource Solutions. For more information about Green-e Energy, write Green-e Energy, 1012 Torney Avenue, 2nd Floor, San Francisco, CA 94129, or log onto http://www.green-e.org.
The Siemens VersiChargeTM Electric Vehicle Charging Station may not be compatible with all homes. To learn more, contact Siemens Technical Support by phone at 1-800-241-4453 or by email at email@example.com. Because of the inherent dangers of electricity, only a qualified person should install, maintain, service, or replace electrical wiring and connected equipment. For the purpose of the installation of the Siemens VersiCharge, a qualified person is one who is familiar with the installation, construction of, operation of the equipment and the hazards involved. In addition, this person should meet the definition of a qualified person pursuant to the National Electrical Code® (NEC®). Failure to comply with the recommendation of having a qualified person install the unit when electrical work is required may void the warranty provided with this device.