The holiday season is the most wonderful time of year to decorate your house with holiday lights. This year we’re encouraging you to be safe and energy-efficient with all indoor and outdoor decorations. In order to be as energy efficient as possible, LED holiday lights are the best option. They’re also the most cost-effective way to light up your home. LED lights also have the longest functioning life, meaning they will last you for many holiday seasons to come!
– Refrain from putting lights close to curtains and furniture
– Turn off decorative lights prior to leaving your house and going to bed
– Ensure all smoke detectors work prior to hanging any holiday lighting
– Don’t run chords under rugs or near any area where they might be stepped on or tripped over
– Certify that all extension cords are fit for outdoor displays
– Adjust outdoor decorations to display only during dry weather
– When hanging lights, be sure you maintain at least a 10-foot distance from any overhead power lines
– Make sure all electrical links are off the ground to prevent any water from leaking into them
– Do not run chords through any door or window
Keep these helpful decorating tips in mind for a safe and energy efficient holiday season.